Dressage Ireland Judges List 1, List 2a and List 2 Upgrading Protocol
List 3 judges wishing to upgrade to List 2, List 2 judges wishing to upgrade to List 2a and List 2a judges wishing to upgrade to List 1 must apply to Dressage Ireland. The applicant will be considered as a candidate List 2, candidate List 2a or a candidate List 1 judge.
A comprehensive training and assessment programme for candidate List 2, candidate List 2a and candidate List 1 judges will be organised by the Judges Committee.
- be a current member of Dressage Ireland
- have been active on their current list for 2 years prior to application
- candidate List 2a judges must have judged at PSG level
candidate List 1 judges must have judged at Inter I level
- be up to date with their National Training at the time of application
- Training sessions at PSG, Inter I and GP will be provided with a Dressage Ireland approved trainer at High Profile, Premier League or CDI level shows in the UK
- The sessions will be interactive and will require the candidate to judge some horses aloud via microphone/headset for assessment by the trainer.
- The candidate List 1, candidate List 2a and candidate List 2 are required to attend 4 training sessions. Training sessions must be recorded in the Log Book.
- The candidate List 2 judge will be required to practice judge 4 PSG classes (minimum 10 horses each);
The candidate List 2a judge will be required to practice judge 4 Inter I classes (minimum 10 horses each);
The candidate List 1 judge will be required to judge 4 Grand Prix classes (minimum 10 horses each).
The Practice Judging Form is to be filled out and signed by the officiating judge of the class. The percent score achieved and placing of each horse compared to the official judges of the class is to be recorded on Practice Judging Record Sheet.
- The results must be submitted to Dressage Ireland as part of the requirement for the upgrading exam.
- The candidate will be encouraged to attend high profile competitions and attend as much training as possible.
- The official Dressage Ireland List 1 and/or List 2 and List 2a exam will take place outside Ireland at a High Profile / Premier League or CDI UK venue. The exam must be taken within one year of the last practice judging session. Candidates must provide their own writer who, if a judge, must not be listed higher than List 4.