As Ireland and Dressage Ireland slowly emerge from the restrictions imposed by the Covid pandemic, it is important that judges remain safe and well as the competitions resume and invitations to judge are issued once again. To that end, procedures and guidelines are put in place for the return to judging.
Dressage Ireland has published the following procedures that concern judges:
· Judges will have been given specific times and arena location via phone or email message prior to the show.
· Judges will judge tests from their car parked at the competition arena.
· A judge may bring a family member as a scribe.
· In the event same is not possible a scribe will also be in a car 3m from the judge’s car, and they may communicate via a blue tooth device.
· At 20-minute intervals throughout the competition, scribes will place the Dressage sheets in a plastic folder and put them at a designated place whereby a show organizer will collect them and take them to another designated area where a scorer will add up the sheets. This procedure may be negotiated with the show organiser if the judge feels the need to review and sign the test sheets more often.
· All test or class results will be scanned and will be posted on social media.
· No results will be available on the day.
· Any bills in relation to the event will be paid via bank transfer.
The JC has also prepared the following guidelines to ensure the safety of judges.
Guidelines for DI Judges during Covid 19
These basic guidelines will need to be reviewed regularly in line with Government advice.
Judges need to ensure they are protecting themselves traveling to the venue, judging and returning home.
Because of the very unusual circumstances of 2020, the Judges Committee has decided to defer the completion of 2020 National Judge Training requirement until 31st December 2021 i.e. no one will be hidden from the official DI Judges List for 2021; you will have until 31/12/21 to complete your National Judge Training requirement.
Hopefully, all of these plans will become reality, provided there are no severe restrictions on travel and social distancing at the time of the event. If severe restrictions are in place, then the events cannot proceed.
For those of you interested in online Judge Training, Jo Graham, FEI 4* Dressage judge, will be presenting judge training webinars. Please contact Jo directly, firstname.lastname@example.org, to book.
Walk pirouettes Thursday, 25th June, 18:00
Flying changes – Tuesday, 30th June, 18:00
A series for Novice level running over 4 weeks on the same day and time each week; starting on Wednesday 24th June at 18:00 and finishing on the Wednesday15th July at 18:00.